Aug 11, 2017 - From staff reportsCorrections
Clair McFarland's column on page 4 of the Thursday, August 10, Ranger should have said her daughter Holly finished last in market, not showmanship.
A daughter was born to Amelia Crispin of Lander and Toni Siers of Lander at 11:10 a.m. Aug. 8 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 9 pounds, 7.5 ounces.
Saturday, August 12
South Pass City hosts Flood and Hindle Mining Trail Walks at noon and Goings On About Town at 2 p.m. every Saturday in July and August.
Monday, August 14
A Kids Eclipse Camp includes educational science activities for grades 4-8 daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Children in grades 6-8 can observe the night sky on a supervised overnight tent camping trip in Sinks Canyon. Call 349-2536 or email email@example.com for more information
Tuesday, August 15
Fermenting and Dehydrating class will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Aug. 15 at the Riverton Middle School and Aug. 17 at the UW Extension office in Lander, 130 Eugene Street. This class is part of a series of classes that will cover dehydrating, picking, fermenting, water bath canning and pressure canning. Cost is $30 for the entire series or $10 for one class. To register for a class Laura Balis at 332-2363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, register online at uwyo.edu/foods - click on Our Classes.
Wednesday, August 16
Make your eclipse-viewing box in Shoshoni from 1-3 p.m at the library/visitor's center, located at 216 Idaho St. The event is open to all ages and costs $2. Call 856-2777 or email email@example.com for more information.
Fremont Local Foods 1st Annual Corn Fest, featuring a corn roast, scavenger hunt for kids, sack races, cornhole tournament, a cake walk, chicken drop, with possible ox-drawn wagon rides, and more will be held at the weekly Wednesday Farmer's Market, from 5-7 pm at N 8th West and Pershing in Riverton.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-Sunshine Oldman, 18, of Arapahoe, and a 13-year-old Casper boy both were cited at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for shoplifting. Reports state they took $21 in chips from a store in the area; the suspects were trespassed from the property.
- A $300 buzz saw and a $50 corn feeding stand were reported stolen at about 2 p.m. Thursday from the 300 block of North Sixth Street East. Reports state the items were alongside a garage.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 4:15 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication and open container.
- A 16-year-old Kinnear boy was arrested at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard on a Fremont County warrant.
- Vincent Yellowbear, 61, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:15 p.m. Thursday on North 12th Street East for intoxicated pedestrian on the roadway.
- Rosetta Antelope, 28, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street for battery on a household member. Officers said they saw her punch Shado Duran, 28, of Arapahoe, in the back of the head; no serious injuries were recorded. Duran was arrested on a municipal warrant and resisting. During the booking process, officials said Duran refused to be searched for weapons and clenched his fists when they told him he needed to submit to the search; he was pepper sprayed.
- Agnes Brown, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street on a municipal warrant.
- Edwin Armour, 39, of Ethete, was arrested at about 8 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard on a Fremont County warrant.
- James Patterson, 64, of Jackson, was arrested at about 8:20 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of East Madison Avenue on a Teton County warrant.
- Police responded at about 9:40 p.m. Thursday to reports that two people were having intercourse in an alley in the 1000 block of Forest Drive. Officials were unable to locate the subjects.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
-No arrests were recorded.
Deputies responded at about 8 a.m. Thursday to reports of vandalism in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue. The reporting party said some windows had been broken on a house sometime the night before.
- An air ambulance responded at about 10:40 a.m. Thursday to reports that a 19-year-old woman on a backpacking trip above Fort Washakie was suffering from appendicitis. She was in stable condition, according to reports.
- An ambulance responded at about 4 p.m. Thursday to reports that a 49-year-old woman had fallen off of a horse and landed on her back on East Fork Road above Dubois.
- Deputies responded at about 2:45 a.m. Friday to reports of gunshots in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue. The reporting party said she heard 10 shots from a handgun in the area. Officials said some people were in the Double Dives area shooting firearms. One ran from the Wind River Police Department at about 3:40 a.m. Friday, according to reports. Officials said one subject cross the Wind River and was taken into custody; two others were also taken into custody, all for interference. Further details are pending, but officials said the subjects were "raising chaos" and were not shooting at anyone.
- Grantor: GUSTAFSON WILLIAM SCOTT, GUSTAFSON PRUDENCE O, Legal: Quarter: NWSE Section: 33 Township: 42N Range: 107W, Grantee: MCSTAY KURTIS D, MCSTAY CURTIS D, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
- Grantor: FULLMER JOSEPHINE M, Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 24 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Quarter: SENW Section: 24 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: APODACA ANTHONY J, APODACA SHERI L, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
- Grantor: PETERSEN DAVID A, PETERSEN DEBRA JUNE, PETERSEN DEBBI JUNE, Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 35 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Quarter: NENE Section: 35 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: BRODIE AMANDA NICOLE, Rec Date: 07/13/2017
- Grantor: SCOTT MICHAEL E, SCOTT BONNY H, Legal: Sub/Mine: JUNIPER PARK ESTATES MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLA... Grantee: PLAISTED CODY R, PLAISTED CHERRY L, Notes: TRACT 2, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
- Grantor: US BANK NA, FIRST BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 4 City: R... Grantee: SHANLEY HEATHER , STROUS RICK, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
-Q94;Grantor: BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON , BANK OF NEW YORK, CWABS INC, Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 30 Block: 4 City:... Grantee: WALL RUSSELL A, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
- Grantor: SEGURA JAMES, Legal: Sub/Mine: KNIGHT SUB RI Lot: 13 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: HUNDLEY SHADOW T, HUNDLEY KEVAN R, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: INVESTMENTS WYOMING PROPERTY, Legal: Sub/Mine: RED CREEK RANCH MI Lot: 113 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: SCOTT ERNEST D, SCOTT LESLIE A, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: TORRES JOSE , TORRES KAYLEE, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 36 Township: 2N Range: 3E , Grantee: HARRIS LINDSEY L, TAYLOR TYLER D M, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
-Q94;Grantor: CARPENTER RICHARD LEVI , CARPENTER KELLY NICOLE, Legal: Sub/Mine: BADLEY-BLACK 2ND FILING LA Lot: 15 Block: 2 C... Grantee: SCHMIDTBERGER NICOLE, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: HOBBS TAD E , HOBBS PAM E, Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRUCE ADD REPLAT RI Lot: 11 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: HOBBS JOHN E, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: BACKUS NATHAN R, BACKUS ANGELIQUE M, Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 128 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: THOMAN BRENDAN P , THOMAN KIRA R, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
-Q94;Grantor: STALLEY COLIN, STALLEY KAYLA, Legal: Half: S Quarter: NE Section: 10 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: HOLLENBECK TARA, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
- Grantor: STAMPER AMOS, STAMPER KRISTA, Legal: Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN ADD DU Lot: 1 Block: 9 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: HOWARD KEVIN M, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
- Grantor: FIRST INTERSTATE BANK, Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE ADD AMENDED PLAT RI Lot: 20 Block, Grantee: STALLEY COLIN, STALLEY KAYLA, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
- Grantor: SKELTON TERI KATHERINE, Legal: Sub/Mine: MC LAUGHLIN ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: CROWLEY JOSEPH , CROWLEY MAKALA, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
- Grantor: JPMORGAN CHASE BANK NA, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 37 City: RI... Grantee: ABRAMS ROBERT S, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.